Sunday, January 29, 2012

Battle Field Vietnam"DID Dinkiedow Do That"1/1/1D 67/68

Set Whitey Free !!  I Remember Con Thien Well

Being issued 1/2 half a tent not having a partner seeing you were the odd one last in the Unit.
The Raids Seeming to go on for ever only a fox hole for cover full of the rain.I Laid in the mud covered with a poncho and half tent hoping this weather had went.
  The Weather was but,just part of the story the Mortars came in with a great flurry.They came close to me & sorry to say took many buddies those days.
I climbed into my mud hole hoping they stop.they were moving down the foot hills from bottom to top.They were coming directly at me so plainly you see the next one to fall was to dead set on me.5' the most the last one had hit i swear the Marine Next Me Had taken a shit I do swear.Then Silence came over we've taken the out those guns.My Prayers were answered, I have No Doubt.
 
      Going out on patrol at the DMZ was frightening to all at 18 years old I was the most frightened of all.We entered the tree hedge looking for the enemy known to be there with in a few minute the Viet Cong was there.The Point Man & I opened fire on them, hoping we put this attack to end.The gun shots had stop and all went quite.The Seargent came up to see what the matter,my Heart was racing one would think it might shatter.But,all went away,went back to the base hoping my heart would not race!

   Days later I was ordered to travel top the hill to get some supplies told leave my rifle no problem will rise.But low and behold a sniper attack it appeared no weapons we had  Not and mighty scared.I volunteered to get mine and off i had went shooting I hared but didn't look back where it went.I came to the wire fence to which it was clear I would be unable to get my rifle from here.The wire were mined so I asked for some help.Please get me some weapons we are pinned down and need help.That Marine was a No mind and couldn't see clear what action had taken to bring me here.I said then guide me I'm coming on over.He said you must be Dinky Dau it's booby-trapped all over.I said, can't you hear the gun fire and see if I don't get in there they'll get me.My buddies have no weapons to fight back you see.I can't let them stay there laying flat on their backs.I finally made it down to my Unit and found I could relax, that my leaders heard and went out to protect them to safety!

   Con Thien,Was Not a Great Place,went days with out food.Supplies couldn't get into that place.The Memories of that hill bring many bad nights,some wonder why I might suffer those frights!

   So,Many stories I have to tell,tried to get one to Write for me But all said So,Well!I decided to tell my War Stories My Self and Ones That Don't Like It Can Go Right Straight To Hell! Semper Fi !

1 comment:

runsontrails said...

Hi. My husband writes well and I think you,re swell. So much for my writing. Are you interested in sharing stories he may help.